Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Ok, I know it's been a long time since I posted; ever since I got on facebook, I've been addicted and my blog has suffered.

Last week Chuck carved out our pumpkins; he loves to do this because he sorts out all the seeds and roasts them in the oven. He and Danny love to eat them! Danny and Katie draw out designs on paper, and C does the actual carving.

Here are the finished products:


Danny's is supposed to be Kirby, but I didn't have orange construction paper for the hands and feet, and Dad got too tired to carve out the cheekies. I like Katie's too, with the fangs and the little pac man eyes.

Here are pics of Danny (Indiana Jones again this year) and Katie is a pop star (note: she is NOT Hannah Montana!):






















She hated getting her hair done up, but she loved the makeup! Here is a close-up:


Those are actually sunglasses on top of her head; she had seen some at the costume store but they were $8! So I got a plain pair at the dollar store and some pre-glittered felt at the craft store, and made my own for less than $2. Oh, yeah! The shoes aren't exactly glamourous, but they made it easier to make it through 2 hrs of trick-or-treating!

This year, Danny went out with a friend in their neighborhood, while Katie went out with her 2 best friends here. I had a great time, because the moms and I gabbed the whole time and I hardly noticed how long we were out. The girls also had a great time!

Katie had a great haul, and as my due I got all her peanut butter cups : ) Danny isn't back yet with his Dad, but I'll bet he did well too!

Personally, I am so glad this holiday is OVER! It really isn't one of my favorites.


2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Awesome HAT Danny! *wink*

did Katie wear the glasses, or did they stay on top of her head? I thought her hair turned out great, and good job on the makeup.

Aimee said...

Katie kept them on top for several reasons, the most important being that when I made them I forgot to leave room for her nose! lol

Also, sunglasses at night make for tricky footing. Especially when your friends keep running from house to house! lol