Thursday, September 27, 2007

This coming weekend

We are all excited because my twin sister Gretchen is going to be driving over this weekend, and we get to celebrate her oldest son's birthday here. It isn't like I don't ever get to see her, but since we live 8 hrs away from each other, the trips are fewer and farther between than we'd like. We do spend a lot of time on the phone, tho! lol

I will be posting with pictures (hopefully, if I can remember to charge the camera battery and then remember to use the camera!) on Monday.

On another note, Danny starts his fencing class tonight. He is really excited, being a lover of sword fighting and light saber battling. I wasn't sure when he expressed an interest in it if there would be a class offered near us, but this fall our city had a fencing class in its listing of fall activities! I can't wait to post pictures of him. This summer he took golf lessons, which he also enjoyed, but I never got much of a chance to take pix b/c he was always out on the course with the instructor. A shot of him in the golf cart would have been cute, I guess, now that I think of it, but unfortunately I didn't think of it at the time. He also wants to sign up for the bowling league in town. Phew! For a boy so consumed by karate for 5 years, he certainly has diversified!

Katie, on the other hand, is signed up for karate herself now, plus Brownies, cheerleading, 4H, and the local church youth group. She can't wait for karate to be over so she can do gymnastics, then horse back riding, then dance, etc., etc..

Today they have a half day of school, so we are at the library (yes, Murphy is under the table at my feet!). We are always so busy it's hard to find a good 2 hours free together! There are several good libraries near me (all linked together) so each time we have to vote on where to go. Hee hee! I'm glad my kids like going; Danny loves to read - although he likes the library so he can look up all the Foxtrot and Calvin and Hobbes books - so it's not a struggle to get him here. Katie is less of a reader - she says she doesn't like sitting still for so long - but the library provides an ideal opportunity to get online! Still, she is an excellent reader - she's in 3rd grade but her Accellerated Reading score puts her in the 5th grade level. Dan, of course, being in 5th grade, is reading on the 11th grade level. Last year he read Moby Dick, and tried twice to pass the AR quiz. He did really well, but didn't pass. This year he wants to try War and Peace!

That's it for now; I'll post after the weekend : )

No comments: