Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting Ready for School

We still have 2 weeks to go before school starts, but since Danny is moving up to middle school this year, there are a number of adjustments to get used to. Tonight is his orientation meeting, where he gets to walk through his schedule, try out his locker, etc. There is a cookout before the actual program, but C doesn't really care about making it to that. Hopefully, I can get some pics and post them. Of course, I have shown clearly already that just b/c I *have* pictures doesn't mean you'll ever see them! lol

We went out a few weeks ago to get school supplies; I hope I got them all! I don't know how families with 4+ kids stay organized!

Poor Katie is so jealous that her big brother is getting so much attention. We've been trying to keep her busy too, but you know how the sibling rivalry goes. Today I took her and her friend Meagan to see SW Clone Wars. It was ok, they really enjoyed it. I can see how SW fans will like it, but there wasn't enough character development for me. The little baby Hutt was kinda dumb - brings to mind all those cuddly ewoks - but they did do a good job of plot twists and intrigue that I'm used to seeing in SW. I have also made sure she gets to the pool when she wants, and on Mon I let her invite her friend Lizzie over (I didn't have to watch Meagan that day). I think once school actually starts, things will even out. I am not looking forward to getting up every day at 6:30, trying to put together lunches they'll actually eat, and getting them out the door in time, but I'm sure they're looking forward to it even less. At least I get to go home and go back to bed! But then there are also the daily homework fights. Ugh! I wonder if D will have weekend assignments this year.

Gretchen says she started school already. Ha! I feel so spoiled for not starting until Sept. Of course, that's the way it was when I was growing up - school *always* started the Wed after Labor Day. You never had to look it up or call the office to find out when school started, you just knew. Ah, the good old days.

Well, it's almost time to get going to orientation. I hope Danny pays attention!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Did Katie get a note yet?
Michelle