Thursday, August 28, 2008

Wow, I never really appreciated...

When Gretchen first started up a web page, I thought it was pretty cool. When she added wallpaper and background sounds, I thought, way out of my league, ever! But then Blogger had these really easy templates, and now it's easy to post and everything, so here I am : ) But adding extra stuff can be a pain if you need to know html! Those cute little smileys? ugh! It took me an hour to figure out how to add one for Jenn! I wish I knew how to add stuff to my header and everything, too; I have no idea even where to start with that. Someday (maybe with a lot of G's help, lol!) I'll figure it out. Sigh, so for now you're stuck with stuff as it is. Still, the new colors are better than shocking pink, right? I mean, pink's good for say, teenagers (right, Jenn?), but not so much for us old biddies.

I'm at the library now, so I can't upload any pictures for this post. I've got D & K, as well as their friends Frank and Bradley (whom I am watching for a few hrs as a favor this afternoon). Naturally, they're on the 'puters, as well, no doubt watching Super Smash Bros videos on YouTube - Katie, of course, is on Webkins. I took them bowling earlier, but Danny forgot to wear socks, so he was relegated to cheerleader. Or not, since cheerleaders are supposed to be cheerful and Danny was pretty much sulking the whole time. Bradley won, yay!, Katie came in a close second, and Frank did as well as he expected, which was not well at all. But they (those 3) had fun!

Tonight we may be going out to dinner, b/c one of the restaurants here offers dinner for kids for $1.25 on Thurs nights and the boy's mom is taking them there tonight. The only thing is, Katie's school is having a back-to-school ice cream social tonight, and if we go out we'll probably miss it. Decisions, decisions! (Where have I heard that before? lol)

Danny had his last golf lesson yesterday, which we celebrated by going to putt-putt afterward! How appropriate is that? lol Actually, I had promised the kids all summer that we'd go, and since it was the last day I'd be watching Meagan, it was also my last chance to keep my promise. They had fun; Danny met 2 of his friends (Hunter and Christian) there, and after playing I bought them ice cream at the DQ next door, and then they all came over for an hour or so. I really like having the kids all at my house, so I know what is going on. Too bad it started raining, tho, b/c then they were all stuck inside playing on the wii. Katie had a Target gift card she'd won at the end of the school year, so while Danny was at golf, I took the girls over and she picked out the "I Can Be A TV Chef" Barbie playset, so that's what she and Meagan were doing. Katie's blonde Barbie was Sandra Lee, and Meagan's brunette was Rachel Ray - too cute!

Poor Danny went back to the orthodontist on Tues to get his bottom braces on, and now his teeth are too sore to bite down on anything. I don't remember my teeth hurting that badly, or at least I don't remember complaining that loudly! His top teeth have straightened out so much already, he looks much better. No more "buck teeth"!

That's it for now, until I can get to my pics at home.



Here is an update, just for you Gretchen! I thought it would make more sense to add it here than put it in a new post, so here's a picture of Chef Katie and her new Barbie set:

We found the pink chef's hat in the $1 bins at Target. I couldn't resist!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Yes yes, post pics of golf, and of the Barbies!!! You know I have to live the pink stuff vicariously!

smoochies

Aimee said...

OK, I guess I have to get pics of K & M playing Barbies, lol!