Monday, August 25, 2008

Since Jenn asked...

Thanks for using my new gadget! BTW, is this Jenn my niece or someone else? Just curious.

So anyway, about the Twilight series. It took me a while to get sucked into the first book, I think already knowing that Edward & co were vampires but waiting for Bella to figure it out seemed to take forever. (The book she's writing from E's p.o.v. sounds like it's gonna be much better!) But once she figures it out, the book picks up. Then too, I never really got a feel for B's attraction to E. Once Jacob gets involved in book 2, I was solidly on Team Jacob! I liked the way SM depicted B's drifting through the months after E leaves by the chapter pages with no chapters. Clever! I got frustrated by book 3, not knowing whether or not B will be changed by the end of the story. Come on and do it, already! But I read SM's website where she explained that she was probably more reluctant for B to lose her humanity than B was herself! lol So, by Breaking Dawn, I was ready for the story to move along, and you're right, it didn't. I thought there was just a bit too much time spent on Jacob and Leah mooning over people they could never have. Neat twist at the end for J, but poor L never does get resolution. I really liked the face-off at the end of the book, I thought the twists and turns were great. Especially Siobhan's help - even when she herself didn't believe she had any effect.

Tell me what else you thought?

No comments: